- RSS Channel Showcase 9336427
- RSS Channel Showcase 9995880
- RSS Channel Showcase 4964537
- RSS Channel Showcase 4508169
Articles on this Page
- 06/03/17--14:19: _Hair Loss -- Defect...
- 06/10/17--15:01: _Women Pay More Than...
- 06/10/17--15:01: _Rare Skin Disease a...
- 02/20/18--14:39: _Black Women With Co...
- 04/03/18--22:49: _New Study Sheds Lig...
- 04/03/18--22:49: _Hair Loss Drug may ...
- 05/04/18--23:19: _Simple Tips to Prev...
- 05/11/18--23:33: _Immunosuppressants ...
- 09/16/18--01:09: _Wrinkled Skin and H...
- 09/16/18--01:09: _New Drug for Hair L...
- 09/16/18--01:09: _Gene That Causes Ha...
- 11/18/18--00:05: _Novel Gene Responsi...
- 06/03/17--14:19: Hair Loss -- Defective Skin Immune Cell Link Unearthed
- 06/10/17--15:01: Women Pay More Than Men for Common Hair Loss Medication Minoxidil
- 06/10/17--15:01: Rare Skin Disease and Male Pattern Baldness Share Genetic Link
- 02/20/18--14:39: Black Women With Common Form of Hair Loss at Risk for Fibroids
- 04/03/18--22:49: New Study Sheds Light on Conditions from Alopecia to Cancer
- 04/03/18--22:49: Hair Loss Drug may Help Remodel Stiff Arteries
- 05/04/18--23:19: Simple Tips to Prevent Hair Loss During Weight Loss
- 05/11/18--23:33: Immunosuppressants Side Effect May Benefit People With Hair Loss
- 09/16/18--01:09: Wrinkled Skin and Hair Loss Reversed in Mouse Model
- 09/16/18--01:09: New Drug for Hair Loss and Skin Damage Caused by Fatty Diet
- 09/16/18--01:09: Gene That Causes Hair Loss Could Help Treat Cancer
- 11/18/18--00:05: Novel Gene Responsible for Rare Form of Hair Loss Identified
ul class="group-list"liAlopecia is a common disease leading to hair loss from the scalp,
face and eyebrows, whose cause remains unknown./liliCurrent study has identified the role of regulatory T-cells (Tregs)
in promoting hair growth by triggering stem cells in the hair follicles of
T-cells in skin are critical in inducing stem cells within hair follicles to
regenerate and cause hair growth, according to scientists from UC
Minoxidil foam is a hair loss remedy that has been most commonly used. Women would pay an average of 40% more than men, finds a new analysis from the research team at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
The difference in prices may appear despite the men's and women's version of the products that could be branded and marketed differently. This could contain the same drug strength and inactive ingredients.
The study findings are published in the journal iJAMA Dermatology....
An inherited disorder of skin, hair follicles, nails, sweat glands, and teeth called hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (HED) shares a mechanism that may also be disrupted in male pattern baldness.
About one in 5,000 to 10,000 people are thought to have HED, although this may be an underestimate of its actual prevalence as this condition is not always diagnosed correctly.
HED is most frequently caused by mutations in the EDA, EDAR, EDARRAD and WNT10A genes. In addition to its association with ...
A research term, after studying medical records of hundreds of thousands of African-American women, have found evidence that women with a common form of hair loss have an increased chance of developing uterine leiomyomas, or fibroids.
In a report on the research, published in iJAMA Dermatology/i, the researchers call on physicians who treat women with central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia (CCCA) to make patients aware that they may be at increased risk for fibroids and should be screened ...
Key finding about Wnt signaling associated with developmental defects and a myriad of diseases ranging from alopecia to colorectal cancer has been discovered by University of Dundee and the Francis Crick Institute researchers.
The research, jointly led by Dundee's Dr Gopal Sapkota and Professor Sir Jim Smith of the Crick, examined the role of a protein called PAWS1 in the Wnt signalling pathway, which is of fundamental importance in shaping developing embryos and controlling cell fate in adults....
Minoxidil, drug used to stimulate hair growth has shown to increase elastin deposition in mature human tissue, revealed study published in American Journal of Physiology--Heart and Circulatory Physiology.
Arteries in young, healthy humans and other mammals stretch easily because they contain a protein called elastin. Elastin is produced only during development, however, and is slowly lost with aging. In older people, arteries stiffen as elastin is lost. Stiff arteries contribute to development ...
Is sudden weight loss causing hair loss? Lack of enough proteins, iron and other dietary supplements in the human body can cause hair loss. Inadequacy of such nutrients makes our hair thirsty and deprived from their desired nourishment which eventually makes them fall.
Arvind Poswal, hair expert at Dr. A's Clinic and Mandeep Singh, fitness expert at Step-On Fitness Center have rolled out some significant tips to reduce weight without causing any damage to your hair:
Intake of ample proteins ...
bHighlights:/bul class="group-list punch-points"liMen and women who suffer from baldness can be benefited by a
drug (WAY-316606) designed to treat osteoporosis./liliDr. Hawkshaw and team developed a new strategy to promote hair
re-growth particularly in cases of androgenetic
alopecia./liliIsolated human hair follicles showed a positive effect when
tested in organ cultures, and the result could one day make a dream come
Hair loss ...
In a mouse model scientists have reversed aging-associated skin wrinkles and hair loss.
Keshav Singh, Ph.D., and colleagues have done just that, in a mouse model developed at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. When a mutation leading to mitochondrial dysfunction is induced, the mouse develops wrinkled skin and extensive, visible hair loss in a matter of weeks. When the mitochondrial function is restored by turning off the gene responsible for mitochondrial dysfunction, the mouse returns ...
Hair loss, hair whitening, and skin inflammation caused by fatty diet may be reversed with a newly identified drug called D-PDMP, which can be taken either as a capsule or as a liquid.
The new drug is identified by a research team at Johns Hopkins Medicine.
The investigators say the compound halts the production of certain fats called glycosphingolipids, or GSLs, that are major components of skin and other cell membranes. Current research shows that mice fed a diet high in fat and cholesterol ...
Gene that causes hair loss can help improve cancer immunotherapy suggests a new mouse study. The findings of the study are published in the journal iCell Systems/i.
"While immunotherapies have shown great promise in cancer, most patients do not benefit from these treatments because their tumors can evade the immune system," said study leader Angela M. Christiano, Ph.D., the Richard and Mildred Rhodebeck Professor of Dermatology and Genetics and Development at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons....
New study discovers a new gene that is responsible for the rare form of hair loss, called hypotrichosis simplex. The findings of the study are published in the iAmerican Journal of Human Genetics/i.
Changes in the LSS gene lead to impairment of an important enzyme that has a crucial function in cholesterol metabolism.
In infancy, fine hair tends to sprout sparsely. With increasing age, hair loss progresses. Ultimately, only a few hairs are left on the head and body.
Hypotrichosis simplex is a rare form of hair loss (alopecia)....